Saturday, August 19, 2006

Reflections of Venice


8" x 10" Oil on Canvasboard

Well, here it is, my first painting in 3 years! This was a pretty painstaking process for me. The water was most challenging. It took roughly 7 hours to paint over the course of way too many days. I am very pleased with the results. The painting was done from a photograph I took while traveling in Venice, Italy. Venice is a dreamy place so I wanted the feeling to come through in my painting. Venice has met and exceded all of my expectations of a romantic, charming, peaceful place. I am happy to be sharing it with you, Enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm in Italy with you and your hubby! I love it! You've poured your soul into this one. Keep it up, babe!

David said...

Perfect color harmonies . . . lovely composition . . . keepin' it loose -- I'd say you're off and running, Lisa -- way to go! What's next!

Lisa said...

Thank you so much Heather! I must say Venice is in my soul.

Lisa said...

Thanks again David. This painting was baptism by fire! I may be trying to run before I can walk but it was most fun. The painting does loose alot of sharpness and detail when transfering to the blog.

Peter Yesis said...

Congratulations! Welcome to the club. Now that you have the first one under your belt, keep at it. Day by day you'll get the feel of the paint and the brush. It really is a joy.
Italy is truly inspiring so keep going!

Lisa said...

Thank you Peter. I plan to keep on visiting Italy. I feel more confident heading into the next painting. It feels wonderful!

"van Vliet" Art Blog said...

Thank you for sharing your work. I love the reflective water in this tunnel of love that is... Venice.

Lisa said...

Thank you Gordon for you thoughts. Venice has a way of bringing "reflections" out of me.

amber said...

Beautiful i love it

Lisa said...

Thank you!